Current List of MY Vehicles

  • 2006 Yamaha MT-01.....
  • 2012 KIA Sorrento SX AWD.....
  • 1999 VW Jetta 2.0L 5spd.....
  • 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MegaCab SLT Diesel 4x4

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Trying to make up my mind...

I have been riding motorcycles for a couple of months now and I really like my new "toy"...



But the distance from the foot peg to my butt forces my knees to be bent quite a bit and after about an hour or so, my knees start to hurt. If I wiggle my butt back and hook my heels on the pegs the pain fades but doesn't completely go away.

So I am considering changing to a larger bike, and if I am going to invest extra cash I will make an upgrade in the power dept as well...

Here are the two main competitors...

The 2010 Suzuki Bandit 1250FA...



The Bandit has a three inch higher seat (yes, I can still flat foot with both feet), and a similar riding position. The horse power is just over double my GS500, and the torque is just over double as well...kind of a big step up, but not terrible.

The other candidate is a cruiser, the 2010 Suzuki M90...



The M90 is a power cruiser that has a lower seat height, but the pegs are forward so the bend in the knee is similar to sitting on the couch. The horse power is only 50% more, but the torque is tripple. The bike also weighs 300lbs more than my current bike.

My dilema is that I don't know which bike I like more...I like the wind protection and the sportiness of the Bandit, but the comfort on the M90 is pretty nice. I'm gonna have to test ride them both to see which one I like the best, or if I am just going to wait a while and see if my body gets used the the bend of the knee...I can't even use price as a deciding factor, they are within a couple hundred of each other...

Oh well, we'll see where I end up...

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment